Welcome to Viad
We are a corporation that is made up of some very unique businesses in the Marketing & Events and Travel & Recreation industries, with services in North America, the UK, Europe and the United Arab Emirates.
We are professionals in accounting, finance, information technology, human resources, corporate development, legal, insurance, and real estate services, providing support to our family of companies from our beautiful headquarters in Phoenix and throughout the US.
What is most amazing about this company is something that can't be captured on a website. It's our culture, the honesty and authenticity we bring to our work and each other. This sense of integrity and togetherness runs throughout our entire organization.
Viad at a glance:
- 1 Billion in revenue in 2012
- Headquartered in Phoenix, AZ
- S&P SmallCap 600 company
- Just over 150 employees supporting 3,000-10,000 employees within our family of companies
The businesses we support:
- Global Experience Specialists, Inc. (GES) - A leading provider of world class services to show organizers, exhibitors, venues, events, and retail environments. Named one of Ad Age's "World's 50 Largest Agency Companies" three years in a row.
- Glacier Park, Inc. - Operates outstanding historic lodging, motor inns and a four season resort hotel, as well as food and beverage services, retail operations and a fleet of historic Red Buses providing scenic bus tours.
- Brewster Travel Canada - A leader in the Canadian tourism industry delivering premium tourism experiences with integrated and customized vacation packages, tours and travel products.
- Alaska Denali Travel - A remote lodge located at the end of the 92 mile park road in Kantishna, offering opportunities to see Denali's famed wildlife.
If you've worked in a typical corporate environment, the culture at Viad might surprise you. The concepts of Integrity and Authenticity are at the heart of everything here. We put truth above politics. When something's not working, we say so. When something's working beautifully, we recognize it. In fact, being Always Honest℠ is so central to everything we do that we've trademarked the phrase. There is even an "always honest" hotline.
Result: a workplace that runs on integrity and mutual support. It's a workplace where you can feel secure being yourself and sharing your perspective.
This is a group that pulls together, and works for each other's success. Our words are backed up by our actions; we care about each other as well as our customers and vendors. It's no accident that so many of our employees have been here for years, even decades. This is a great place
Our success is no accident, either. A culture of honesty and integrity always wins.
What are your goals? What do you want to achieve in your career? We're always finding ways to align our goals with those of our employees. It's one of the secrets to our success.
Expect to be encouraged to grow professionally, with perks like tuition reimbursement, ongoing training and internal career opportunities. You'll also find us discussing performance management from day one. Honest conversations between managers and employees allow us to build and sustain our winning culture.
At Viad, performance management is not a one-time annual event, it is a continual cycle aimed at maximizing performance through:
- SMART goals aligned with the company's goals
- Ongoing coaching & recognition
- Learning & development
- Quarterly checkpoints
- Annual performance appraisal
- Performance & rewards alignment
- Annual appraisal process uses self, peer and manager appraisals
We love catching people living our values and going above and beyond. We recognize employee achievements through our 'Spot On Award' as well as our 'Values First Award' and the 'President's Award'.
Beyond a competitive salary, we offer a range of healthcare benefits to full-time employees, their spouses and dependents.